I have a 1999 MCI 102DL3 Bus. on a few occasions when I shut it off it doesn't want to start back up again. when trying to start it it sounds like its not getting fuel. After about 45 minutes to an hour it starts up with no problems. A friend of mine says it might be the crankshaft solenoid going bad, but I think it might the fuel shut off solenoid. Please give me any feedback that you can.
No such thing as a crankshaft solenoid, or a fuel shutoff solenoid. A Series 60 is controlled by an ecm. Shut the keyed power off to the ecm, engine shuts off. As far as where to start, Truck Shop will have the answers for that.
Usually if it is electrical a code will be present.
Are you still cranking the engine during this 45 minutes? I was thinking those still used the old fuel check valve to prevent the fuel drawing back to the tank and the engine having to reprime itself after every shut off.
At first I was, but when I wait the 45 minutes it starts right up.
I don't have a code reader.
My ‘03 Freightliner (w DD series60) has sequence to display fault codes on the dash…(found instructions and codes online). Not sure if you can, too.
Welcome to the HEF! Tell us more about your party bus.
Possible restriction in the fuel filter. 99 Freightliner with the DD60 cycle the key on off three times and check engine light will flash code ie blink twice pause followed by four more blinks code 24