Well, here's the deal, this machine's been giving us fuel problems since last year at freeze up, ran good all summer, them same thing this year. water separator was removed at some point, don't know why, so anyways my first obvious assumption was ice somewhere in the system since it was about -5 F. It would run fine for warm up, then after awhile of running throttled up, she'd starve and have to be primed, so this morning, on a nearly empty tank I added approx. 60 gal. of fresh fuel with 3 bottles of iso-heet, ran like **** for the first half hour, then she cleared up and ran fine but then, still running great, I started seeing dash warning lights start coming on a few hours later, first one was plugged air filter, then plugged hydraulic filter, kept running it at low rpm watching the gauges when suddenly my engine temp. went from normal to straight red with the bell, then a few other lights popped up. I let it idle for awhile to see if she'd cool, but no go on that, so shut it down for an hour, turn the key, still reading warning lights, temp. maxed out, I know it's not hot, I can hold the dipstick and coolant lines, nothing's boiling. Tried disconnecting the batteries to reset the computer, no change, still reading on the temp gauge like it's on fire afterwards. something's gone haywire on this thing, it still runs and operates fine, wires going to the temp. sensors are good, but since nearly all the warning lights are coming on, maybe it's just something like a grounded wire, or maybe more serious, I don't know, any knowledge and input on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! P.S. I pulled the filthy outer filter and ran it like that and the plugged air filter light stayed on, so I think all those lights are lying to me.
Sounds like fuel system problem. Disconnecting the battery will not clear codes .You need to use a laptop with WinDR ,Dr EX tool or a Palm pilot with DR ZX software to read codes.On the inlet side of the water separator and the liftpump in the bango bolt is screen .Take the fuel cap off and blow air back through the line from the water separator filter.Just tap blow gun or you will have a mess on you hands Make sure they are clean .The lights would start coming on if the engine was running like crap.Make sure all grounds are good at battery and frame grounds.Letme know if you need a further help with it have service and parts manuals for Hitachi's. THANKS ED
tool king is right, i also have run into a problem with fuel , check bango bolt that goes into the filter housing. remove it and then unscrew the screen from inside the banjo bolt.clean well and replace. Also try draining water from bottom of tank.when ever poss. the prob with the electric could be in the computer, how ever I would check harnesses,connetions exc, with a multi meater for resistance or bare wires first. good luck
we've run through the entire fuel system, if I could get a bango schematic on this, that'd be awesome, but the machine had been running fine for a few hours before the lights started popping up, so really, I need to know how to reset the system.
akcody907 check out part number 11 of the lift pump.it is part that is screwed into the red part.
akcody907 Could have sucked up some junk in the time that it was running great. Do you have a hand primer on the primary fuel filter? Make sure the check valve in the primer is clean.Are your fuel filters mount on the back of the fuel tank.Take the banjo bolt out on the fuel inlet side.It is screwed into the bolt .The system should reset it self .If you had the scan tool or the laptop software you erace the fault codes and view them.The tool from Deere cost about $175.00 with no software ,but could send you the software.