Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1999 International Truck fault code diagnosis.

Deere456 ยท 2016-12-26 21:52

I've got a '99 International 9200 with an ABS light on. Do I need a special scan tool to go in and access the codes? Or can I make it flash the codes out like on an OBD1 system? I'm used to light duty vehicles but I haven't done any DTC work on heavy trucks.

Replies5
  1. #1Birken Vogt2016-12-27 12:14

    I never did much on Internationals of this era but most trucks of this era had a Wabco or Bendix ABS controller that was mostly an independent system. Either on the rear brake valve or under the dash somewhere with a blink code switch or magnet sensitive area. First figure out what controller it has and where it is and the rest should be easy. It should be blink codes of some kind.

  2. #2Birken Vogt2016-12-30 21:08

    Any update on this issue?

  3. #3Deere4562016-12-30 22:15

    I just bought the truck recently and I'm bringing it home this weekend, I'll take a look at what kind of ABS set up it has and update the thread soon.

  4. #4Ruger_5562017-01-01 04:56

    ABS service info is free online from WABCO and Bendix, all you need is brand and controller type to look it up. Controller should be behind the instrument panel if it's like the later trucks. Most issues are either a sensor that's pushed out or one of the solenoid valves under the front bumper has been hit and the wire harness connector is pulled out or ripped off.

  5. #5Deere4562017-01-09 20:59

    Just got the truck home recently. I did a quick inspection of the sensors and valves for the ABS and everything looks OK. I'm gonna bring home my torx screwdrivers tomorrow and pull the instrument panel out to see what kind of ABS it has.