I am no mechanic but I have fixed several leaky hoses and had this thing torn apart once. However it is at my land and the lights got left on and the battery is dead. Its in a terrible spot and I need to move it and I cant find the battery. Can anyone help me locate it before I just start pulling the whole thing apart again. Plus its 95 degrees and 100% humidity and I would rather just find it and get the thing jumped and move on. Thanks for any help. cc
Just jumping from the starter, clamp your jumper cables onto your positive on the starter and then ground to the engine block or alternator. If you have access to a welder this process speeds up considerably, but you didn't hear that from me. Lol.
Not sure if CaptainAnalizer has ever seen where the starter is buried on a JCB 185 The battery is very easy to get to once you know where it is! Walk up behind the machine and on the left side about chin high there is a cover with a handle on it. Forget if there are two or just one slotted screws you turn to get the cover off. About the only thing about the JCB 185 that I feel is better than a good old 1845C Case that one is a real pain to get out! But if you just need to jump start the 1845C the battery or the starter are easy to access. Found a picture online. The battery is the white thing the arrow is pointing at:
thanks KShansen, Thanks a ton. i had a diagram of the baterry compartment but could not find the handle i was looking for and now seeing this I know right were it is. thats awesome