Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1999 JCB 214S series 3 starting / electrical issue

Onthe45th · 2024-12-08 13:19

The parking brake circuit is bad/wonky. Swapped relays, still no light. A heavy equipment mechanic I know asked his instructor, and he said using jumpers may work. Worked for a while, now it doesn’t. Starter doesn’t even click or turn over. The weather did turn colder, but even when I tried in warmer days, still nothing. I’m wondering if there’s a way to jump the starter- you can’t do it from underneath. I’m just trying to get it 50 yards to a heated garage so we can work on it, so I’m hoping someone can give some insight or tips to bypass that circuit or jump the starter so we can get a proper place to work on it. Thanks in advance

Replies1
  1. #1Willis Hodgkinson2024-12-26 16:26

    you could take the single small wire off the starter motor solenoid and run a temporary wire from that terminal to the positive on the battery, make sure the machine is not in drive on the transmission