So I am new to the Forum, I purchased my 1st Dozer ( we have a D6K that belongs to my father) it is a D6C with V-shear, straight blade, and root rake. Final drives have been gone through, transmission completely rebuilt, and undercarriage 80% only cleared 40 acres since by previous owner. I had to spend some time getting the V-shear back in cutting shape someone had cut with only the left side for awhile and it was pretty much straight, but now it has serrated edge and hard surfacing back on it and is ready to cut. I was looking for a D model, but now that i have been on the forum reviewing threads I believe I am more proud that i wound up with a C model. So far i have replaced the seat and done a little shearing has been great so far... Just wanted to say thank you to everyone on the forum for all the info on these older machines!!! The internet can be useful for some things
I own the sister to that one... mine's 10k12511 also a 76 year. I bought mine brand new for 47k.... still works as good as it ever did.
That is really cool, mine is #305 so it came off the line a little before yours. I think that is incredible that you have owned it since new, really means alot to know a machine that well. I just located an issue with mine over the weekend, i had a fuel leak and traced it to the steel line that comes from the side of the fuel pump to the pressure indicator. Problem is the leak is where the line goes under the hydraulic tank, I just plugged it for now so i could go back to work but it looks like a pretty good job to be able to get this line replaced.... Would love to see pictures of your machine
if you have up dated washers in tran you good to go, i lived thought about 4 to five changes on them have tore the down about every six months to see cage in tran eat up by bearing. one came with air and water cooler for tran the 10k6255 machine woked good the newer 10k737 had air not water first thing was look at one order parts for other ,and fixed hot tan.later years had hard time getting uncle fork out 1100 for tran shift vaules to keep cool, the pump is real close to just enough to run and cool lease bid of leak interal want cool,all that goes to cooler is what dont go to run tran, when i learned that was a very big help.
Dozr, I am confused about what you are trying to tell me, I understand you are trying to state that as long as the washers in the transmission have been changed that you are good to go, and that the earlier models came with air and water cooling for transmission and later had air and not water? I am not having a transmission cooling problem at this time, but can you be a little more specific about what you are wanting me to know?
i was just telling you some things i had to work thought to make and keep working. i put wrong serial no on last machine we still have it was 10k 7237, i did not think you were having problem just thought a little history might be goo to know the last washer cat came up with is stronger than the metal keeps every thing apart.