Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2 k IH a/c clutch

dirtmonkey ยท 2012-07-02 18:55

I have a 2000 8100 Int'l. The ac quit working. Clutch short cycles on and off very fast. System monitor says open wire or short in clutch. Question is .. Can I remove the clutch to replace or rebuild with out replaceing whole compressor? Never had to do this on a truck. :beatsme. Thanks in adanvce!!

Replies5
  1. #1dirtmonkey2012-07-03 22:20

    Anybody ??? Could sure use some help here.

  2. #2willie592012-07-03 22:25

    I don't know what clutch/compressor that unit has, but most you can replace the clutch without replacing compressor.

  3. #3dirtmonkey2012-07-03 22:32

    Thanks Willie ! That's what I wanted to hear!:bouncegri

  4. #4willie592012-07-03 22:44

    Again, I don't know what compressor that unit has, but most, you remove the small machine screw in center of clutch, clutch face will slip off. Then there is typically a snap ring the holds the magnetic coil on nose of compressor. Be sure to look for shim washers stuck to compressor shaft, don't lose them.

  5. #5dirtmonkey2012-07-03 23:00

    Thanks ! Just looking at it I had a sneaky suspicion it was possible , just needed a little reassurance. Once I start on it ,if I have any hang ups ,I'll get the info and a pic. Thanks again for taking the time to answer ! Have a great 4th :usa