Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2-speed manual transmission oil

ffffredddd ยท 2019-05-04 11:56

I recently acquired a Clark forklift model C500H45LPG, IT NEEDS TRANSMISSION OIL ADDED, IT HAS A 2-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION. WHAT DOES IT REQUIRE FOR OIL? I PREVIOUSLY HAD ABOUT THE SAME UNUT WITH AN AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION THAT HAD A LABEL THATSAID IT USED ATF OIL, THIS UNIT HAS NO LABEL

Replies8
  1. #1TD242019-05-06 21:38

    90 weight gear oil.

  2. #2ffffredddd2019-05-07 17:38

    I WONDERED THAT BUT IT APPEARS TO HAVE A PRESSURIZED CLUTCH.. IT HAS ACLUTCH OIL PRESSURE LIGHT ON THE DASH

  3. #3TD242019-05-07 21:01

    The transmisson (gearbox) uses 90W. The (oil clutch) uses AFT- Dexron or DexronII.

  4. #4ffffredddd2019-05-11 09:52

    NOW I'M REALLY SCRATCHING MY HEAD, WHERE WOULD THE CLUTCH RESERVOIR (CHECK POINT}BE LOCATED? ALL THE CLUTCH LINKAGE SEEMS TO GO INTO THE TRANSMISSION.

  5. #5TD242019-05-11 13:41

    There is a large flat plate over the clutch area on the bell housing. It will have a curved metal tube welded into it. There will be a hose attached to this tube, coming from somewhere??? Best I remember, this hose is fed from the power steering pump. Email me direct at: [email protected] . I will refresh my memory thru a local Clark dealer as to the exact pump, feed lines, and returns this truck carry's. Then forward the detailed routing to you. Will take a few days. I am 83 years old; sold my forklift business in 1993, and have not accessed a similar truck in several years. But, I will get it and send. Hang tight, loose, or just grasp and gasp.

  6. #6TD242019-05-21 11:21

    On May 17th, I sent 11 pages of hosing schematics and text descriptons to the email address sent me. On May 20th, I sent query if received to same address. At loss. Sorry I was not more helpful.

  7. #7ffffredddd2019-05-25 10:12

    SORRY ROGER, WAS IN SPAM, LOOKS LIKE USEFDUL INFO

  8. #8TD242019-05-25 14:14

    Very good... I was concerned. Hope it helps.