Hi. My Samsung SE210-2 is plumbed for hammer, from the factory I believe, but I have no use for it and would like to see if I can convert to a 2-way circuit and install a hydraulic thumb. The circuit is actuated from a single button on top the RH joystick, the return line on boom is rather large and goes back to tank.
I can’t get hold of a workshop manual but I have a parts catalogue which is somewhat useful as it illustrates the hydraulic circuits. •Pilot lines •pilot lines -2 •Breaker Piping-optional •Breaker & tilt piping-optional
I’m assuming I have the Breaker piping setup as illustrated but I have a couple of external valves that I can’t work out what their use is. One sits down near the belly-plates toward the back of the machine, the plate on it is unreadable. 3 x lines go to Mcv with one T-ing off to a valve bank under the cab . The 4th line goes straight to the same bank which sits near a set of solenoid valves. It appears the valve bank has a couple of spare ports and another on top which isn’t visible. I followed the opposite line off the bank to another valve which sits on the swing motor, it appears this is independent of the motor. I’m looking at the ‘optional tilt-piping’ illustration and trying to make sense of it all. Can anyone join the dots and advise if these valves are useable for a 2-way circuit?
I have more pics of the Mcv and illustrations of the complete pilot-line circuit, of it will help. In none of them can I see the additional valves. Many thanks Archie
Good day Lagwagon That is not so difficult follow the cab side tube back to the MCV you should see the neighbour is plugged - run a new tube from this position down the equipment - thats main hydraulic done - the question is how do you like to control the thumb? - pedal - RCV - electronics if you PM me with that info I can send you some illustrations. kind regards Uffex
This may be helpful Kind regards Uffex
This would all loosely interchange with Volvo EC210 straight. Which was just a rebadged Samsung. Your local dealer should be able to offer some help in obtaining the correct parts. With parts support and tech support from Uffex, yer gonna be I good shape, I think.
I visited the local dealer (5hrs away) to find info on parts availability, the -3 model parts are interchangeable with the ec210, the -2’s are a little hazy. They said ‘we’ll give you a call in a couple of days’. They never called back. I’m finding parts elsewhere and doing the work myself. If I can confirm my machine is good for 2-way hydraulics without having to buy additional proportional valves and such then I’ll go ahead and get a thumb made up. There is one local guy who has done one before and said he could fit it up but at $1000/day I want to try do as much as I can myself. I’ll have the welding part covered, just the hydraulics I’m struggling with.
Good day Lagwagon Its as good as it gets see attached. Kind regards Uffex
Ahh yes I see, it’s quite straightforward, thanks, that image explains a lot. A few queries though...... •Will T-ing into the drive pedals effect this function? Say I want to walk while using the thumb? •Are the existing hammer valves on the stick required or just open fully & set the reliefs on the Mcv? •The plugged port on the Mcv has no relief valve paired to it, would obviously need to source one? •I have worked a lot with mechanics but not hydraulics but I want To learn the skills required to set & test pressures etc, can you recommend any literature and the suitable tools to purchase? Thankyou
Good day No there would be no effect to the travel function the two connections can be made at the manifolds but to explain this to a newbe can make it seem more complex than it really is - The hammer relief valves I would suggest to adjust to a level just enough to have the thumb hold material in the event of the bucket working against the thumb could offer extra protection - No no relief is required on this side be sure to connect this to the negative side of the thumb cylinder - I can se this machine has had a thumb bracket installed at some time was the hydraulics removed by a former owner ? Kind regards Uffex
Opps reply to your final point - No speacle tools are required other than a a pressure gauge for me in your position I would go the extra distance buy a electronic unit for at least 400bar most can be used for measuring low pressures the slight in inaccrucey does not really matter only if you have a load sensing system which your Samsung is not. If you visit the web site excatech.org you will find most of the information you need if not simply fill in the question on the contact page. Do not be nervous there is no catch and no charge it is free and without bugs. KR Uffex
The photo is a good one of the option spool plug may I steal that ?
Go for it. Here is another May be clearer.
Thanks that kind of stuff is real helpful