Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

200-5 alternator diode

gwhammy ยท 2019-11-19 08:44

Evidently the diode to that excites the alternator has went bad. I've dug a little but can't find it. The dealer is 600 dollars away just for travel. Does anyone know where to find the diode or what number is on the wire.

Replies10
  1. #1kshansen2019-11-19 15:34

    Dealer won't give you that information or even the part number for the diode? I don't have access to any Hitachi schematics or parts books so I can't really help. But on the chance someone here does I'm going to bet a S/N would be helpful!

  2. #2gwhammy2019-11-19 16:54

    My dealer is great, I just hate bothering them if I'm not spending money with them. I did buy the correct diode from them and should have got a schematic of the wiring. They are about 50 miles from me so sending a truck is high. We put a wire on it so it can be energized if used for longer jobs. I was in hopes someone on here knew the where a bouts of this particular diode.

  3. #3mg23612019-11-19 18:48

    What exactly is the issue that you suspect the diode? Also is this an EX200LC-5?

  4. #4kshansen2019-11-19 19:17

    Well You did spend money with them when you bought the diode. I would politely ask them if they could email you a copy of the wiring schematic so you could locate and install it. I bet you have or will spend more money with them so just getting a little help now should not be a big burden on them.

  5. #5gwhammy2019-11-19 19:33

    Battery light is flashing, when tested it has no charge. We hooked a new diode up on the alternator and it works. On the tester it shows no voltage from the charge wire. That is why we think the diode is bad. It did charge today when I moved it but I would say this is random. You can hit the exciter with a hot wire and the alternator will charge. lc200-5 I believe. around 95 model

  6. #6Ronsii2019-11-19 19:46

    What does the diode look like they sold you? is it a unit with a two terminal plug on it? if so most of those are usually behind the seat, I agree with khansen... you spent the money there so ask them I usually just ask for one of the techs on the phone and pick his brain a bit... they don't tend to mind if it's just a couple simple questions.

  7. #7John C.2019-11-19 22:42

    Is it orange or yellow? Hitachi or Komatsu?

  8. #8mg23612019-11-20 04:41

    If it is Hitachi then your choices are yellow ( p/n 4288109), blue (4385926) or black (4456778). Your dealer could not find it because they seem to be left out of the parts pages.

  9. #9gwhammy2019-11-20 06:42

    Komatsu, sorry about that. It is a two terminal diode with direction to show direction of current.

  10. #10John C.2019-11-20 14:33

    I'm not sure but I believe the rebuilders in Washington State get that kind of stuff through Romaine Electric. https://www.romaineelectric.com