Hi Im after some tips on how to position a 20t machine to change out the 90mm pin & bushings on the end of the boom. Ive been sizing up the the job and can see two options. 1. Stick full out with Q/C on ground. 2. Stick full curled with boom down. My questions are: Can i avoid disconnecting piping? If i need to manipulate stick &/or position, can i do it with pin removed? im worried about bending the cylinder rod I have some side to side movement so ordered 2 x volvo 90mm shims and to my surprise they are plastic, or some sort of composite material. I would of thought they are not robust enough? Thanks
i just removed one of my boom cylinders on my R130. I went with the stick full out so the pins where at the lowest position. You shouldnt have to remove any of the plumbing.