Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

200 ton linkbelt

Longboom ยท 2009-01-11 08:32

:usaHi All, I've been running cranes for about 30 years now, here's a few pix of the crane I'm running now. It's a 200 ton LinkBelt with a luffer. We did two of these buildings. Set the first one out, swing around and stack another one up right behind me.. :drinkup

Replies11
  1. #1JDMGrading2009-01-25 19:30

    That looks to be in Charleston. Same one at the panthers stadium a few months back?

  2. #2qball2009-01-26 04:40

    i love seeing a red iron job go up. nice Christmas tree, too.

  3. #3mailtrain2009-01-28 20:21

    Nice rig Longboom. I retired in 93 hyd operator, always like swinging iron. A lot better than concrete. I see the that they let you tree the iron, they stopped us from doing that unless we had a different choker for each piece of iron.So we had 5 different lengths for 5 pieces. BTW nice web page you have! If you go to the forestry section under White Pine logs I posted some pic's. My father had a 56" circular that we sawed with back in my younger years. (Old crane operators never die they stay boomed up) mailtrain

  4. #4Longboom2009-01-28 21:21

    I hate to say it boys Really, I do hate to say it,... but I have just about had enough crane for one life time. The glory is gone after 30 years. I don't mean to sound ungreatful but dang, I need to stand up for a spell. I've made a good living in the seat and seen some crazy stuff. Many stories to tell. We have to use a bulltail for each piece of the tree.

  5. #5JDMGrading2009-01-28 21:29

    Have you requested to work closer? We have plenty of truck cranes in NC. Ofcourse not very many people are capable of replacing your spot either.

  6. #6Longboom2009-01-28 21:53

    I want to buy a crane JDMGrading, and put someone elses but in it. I'm tried of being bottled up in a crane. I want one of the HDT 80's by potain. Then I can run it from the ground or up in the cab. That might get me a few more years.

  7. #7JDMGrading2009-01-29 13:10

    I know where a 110ton big E is for sale.

  8. #8Longboom2009-01-29 19:28

    Hey JDMGrading, I'm looking at the HDT 80. it's a self erecting tower crane. Have some work coming up that we can use one on, so we're going to lease one and use for awhile and see if thats what we want. To look at one, I gotta say... I ont one ah dim. You can view the crane here. http://www.potain.com/products/prdProduct.cfm?productID=110000000001120 You can download the load charts and spec's for the machine if you want.

  9. #9JDMGrading2009-02-01 16:14

    Never even seen that before....Thats exactly what you need. BTW...Did we ever get you a fuel tank for your Ford?

  10. #10Longboom2009-02-11 17:44

    Huh,... I know not what you are talking about :beatsme I drive a chevy:drinkup

  11. #11sunzlzk2009-02-18 02:50

    hi,Longboom Have you ever operated the terex-demag tower cranes?