Good Morning I just bought a 2000 Bobcat 337 excavator and The machine seems stuck in high speed travel, it has lots of power in high gear but to fast to doze with and makes for very jerky movements. Does anyone know where the switch is to change speeds? or what would make It stay in high speed travel?
Good day John Please see attached hope it helps out. Kind regards Uffex
Thanks uffex I give that a try the diagram should help me get my travel speeds back, or now I know where to look to get parts to fix it.
Good Day uffex I tested all the points on the diagram with a multimeter and they are all working. I have traced all the lines back to the switch and the are all good. I was thinking replace the switch maybe its not working properly. I have heard some guys say that if your oil is no good in the final drives that that could cause the them not to shift properly. Could that be problem I have traced all the electrical and it seems to be working. I also attached some pics I cant seem to find out what this does, its not on any diagrams i have found. The main line for the hyd go into this and then spread out from there. Its attached to the boom in front of the cab.
In my experience, low speed is the default. It takes electricity to shift to high range. And, the odds of it being a final drive issue is certainly not the first place that I would look, as both sides are exhibiting the same issue. Can you unplug the speed shift solenoid and retry?
Good day John Please see attached. Kind regards Uffex
Thanks Heymccall i will give that a try.