Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Link belt 2800 throttle problem

looneytunes ยท 2023-01-24 20:46

The dial and manual throttle in the cab quit me a while back. The dial started intermittent stop working then completely stopped. The manual did work but it stopped. The manual will make it jump into a different mode where the machine cant be operated but cant adjust the throttle with the buttons. Its showing 0000 in the clock spot with key on. I pulled the throttle driver off as i could smell burned component inside. I put a new driver on and still no throttle. That driver has been on it for a.couple months and have been using the linkage at the throttle motor to use the machine. I.decided to tackle it again and sniffing behind the seat and noticed the burned smell again. Sure nuff the new driver is burned up. I checked the wire harness from the computer to the throttle motor and all is good. Did continuity on each wire from the throttle motor to the driver and all is good. I did continuity on the limit switches on the motor and just continuity on one switch. I pulled the motor off and opened it up and adjusted tab on the one switch and now both switches are working. I noticed the wire grounded to the motor was stiff. Im wondering if that limit switch smoked the driver and why that ground got juice to it and got hot. I got another driver on the way. Im wondering what else i need to check before i burn another driver up. Thanks for any input.

Replies0

No replies yet.