Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2000 bobcat 763g tilt problem

Mike Herrera ยท 2018-01-19 11:16

Right foot pedal for tilt is tough and locks up at times. Works fine on low acceleration but the higher the acceleration the tougher the foot pedal. I changed spool selenoid butt that didn't work. Any help is appreciated

Replies16
  1. #1mike_belben2018-01-22 09:03

    Is the machine whining for fluid under this condition? Sticks get kinda rigid? Hydraulic controls get pretty hard when theyre calling for fluid that isnt there and start cavitating.

  2. #2Mike Herrera2018-01-22 10:16

    No sir, fluid level seems to be fine or it's reading fine on dipstick. Doesn't really make any noises. Under low acceleration it operates just fine. Now the more you accelerate the tougher the pedal gets but like I said it's just the right tilt pedal. Left pedal is just fine and smooth no issue.

  3. #3mike_belben2018-01-22 14:08

    Man thats wierd. Is there a chance something is physically binding on any control rods, rockshafts, levers etc? Maybe a bad motor mount letting stuff shift a hair? Does the loader operate fast, smooth and strong like it always has?

  4. #4Mike Herrera2018-01-22 14:59

    Other than the issue mentioned the loader operation is great. I was told it could be an interior spool issue. I mean you can operate the machine but it just gets annoying when that foot pedal will lock up at times. You can push for tilt down and it will get stuck and till down by itself or vice versa up. But like I said it just gets stickier the more accelerate. It's blowing my mind

  5. #5mike_belben2018-01-22 23:28

    My guess is a seal on that spool has a torn lip or maybe metal/trash in between the lands.

  6. #6Mike Herrera2018-01-23 08:51

    Would it be best to rebuild with all new seals? I mean you will have to take off anyway to clean if there is debris correct?

  7. #7mike_belben2018-01-23 10:29

    Everyone situation is different. One guy has money in the bank and operates a machine for a retirement hobby in his yard, another guy is in some 3rd world bush country with no support and has to make do with whats available. I personally like to tear down and evaluate everything so i only have to order parts once and dont change stuff i dont need to. Your call bud. Clean is essential, yes.

  8. #8Mike Herrera2018-01-23 11:55

    We run it 80 percent of the year. I'm the kind of person that like machines to operate properly. I dunno what kinda cost I'm looking at but I know I will have to have it done. Have you done this type of work?

  9. #9BC873G2018-01-23 13:52

    Mike, there is a good thread on this forum for replacing spool valve seals. It's not a bad job and you can do it with the control still on the machine. It a lot more of job if you need to remove the control valve and rebuild it. I will search for the thread and make a separate post for your reference. Good luck.

  10. #10BC873G2018-01-23 13:55

    Here you go and willie is still around to seek advice from. HeavyEquipmentForums

  11. #11Mike Herrera2018-01-23 16:48

    I sure appreciate the help. I sent to my mechanic. I'm positive I can do I just don't have the confidence to do it by myself.

  12. #12GPR27632018-01-23 18:28

    Sounds like the pressure at high flow is pushing past and fighting one another. I agree it sounds like the seal, but it should happen all the time at full rev and not occasionally. Weird

  13. #13Mike Herrera2018-01-23 19:20

    Yeah that's confusing. I mean it does do it all the time but the more you accelerate the more you can feel it

  14. #14mike_belben2018-01-23 20:35

    Ive been into a few valves and do quite a bit of hydraulic troubleshooting in general. Never seen a 763 in person so i cant offer any specific info. Sorry

  15. #15Mike Herrera2018-01-24 11:24

    Thanks either way. Gives me a starting point.

  16. #16Mike Herrera2018-01-27 11:18

    Update: screws on the the caps on the backside of the valve body became loose causing the spool to bind. There was a small flake of metal that came out as well. Thanks for all you guys help.