Hello all, I have a Case 95XT and my work and tail lights have stopped working. This is the only time of year I really try to use the lights since I use it for snow work, the rest of the year we only run the machine during daylight hours and don't need the lights. I've had this happen a few times over the past few years and it was always a blown fuse, tried replacing the fuse and they are still not working. The fuse I pulled out seemed somewhat melted, but was not blown out. Anyone have a wiring diagram for a Case 95XT?
Just yesterday I saw my headlights are not working on my 90xt, when I first got the machine, about a year and a half ago, they were not working either, it was the fuses, they were dirty and corroded and not making a good connection. The fuse block was full of dirt and crap, and it caused poor connections with the fuses. I cleaned them up and put a piece of rubber over the fuse block to keep stuff from falling in there. Haven't looked at it yet, but I know where to start.
I had a look yesterday and the fuse for the headlights was melted and fuse blade kind of burned up, it looks like its just making very poor connection in the fuse block. Just pulled the fuse for now, gonna have a better look some other time. I may have to put new fuse blocks, or eliminate them and wire in individual fuse holders. I had a look and I am only using 4 fuses as my machine has no heat or AC or wipers etc. Just the basics so it wouldn't be a big deal I think. Sort of a poor design as the little plastic doors don't offer great protection and the blocks are facing up, so I think if you use machine for say, loading dump trucks, (previous owner did), you would get dirt falling down into fuse blocks, eventually causing problems (like now). I have a rubber flap over the fuse block, under the plastic door, but the damage is done.