Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2000 Bobcat 773G Aux Hyd Issues

Greg Burtoni ยท 2022-05-05 15:56

Hey guys, recently bought the skid steer in question. Runs/operates great, seems to have been well taken care of. Bought a grapple bucket for it and was anxious to get to work until I found out I have aux issues. With attachment hooked up I push the button for aux hyd and the light comes on like it should. The only button that does anything is the front trigger for the continuous run. Of course with a grapple bucket it is just deadheading trying to close it. The right and left paddle does nothing. I switched the coil feed harnesses and with the front trigger pulled it opens the grapple. So it seems that i can rule out the coils/stems. Machine is not giving me any fault codes. I tried replacing the right hand control completely and the only thing that did was empty my pocket a little. Looking for some help on this, I am not sure where to start next.

Replies1
  1. #1Txhayseed2022-05-06 22:59

    Check the rocker switch itself. Check it the connection where the handle harness exit the control handle tube. You can back probe that connection and find in a few minutes if the switch itself is the issue or If the issue is down stream in the harness itself. I usually just set meter to continuity and check both sides at the connection. Its a pretty common failure in the handle for that rocker to fail. Also rubbing of the harness right in that area. .