I want to service my transmission on my 580. I found the screw on filter location, looks like a pain to get to. Then there is a screen in the bottom part of trans? Any tips from someone who has done this. It does not look like filter has been changed on mine. I wanted to replace fluid and filters. I have drained and refilled planetarys, engine oil, and replaced fuel filters ect. Which fluid does the trans take? I guess i can ask Case dealer, but they are a case ag dealer not a construction dealer. They can get me parts but they act like it is a pain if I dont have part#.
Use case Hy-Trans Ultra oil. About 15lts required The filter can be removed by standing on the RHS of the machine. Raise the loader frame; lock it in place; raise the rubber curtain on the RHS behind the engine; remove the filter; careful of the wiring harness! The suction screen is behind the cover with two bolts on RHS at bottom of trans. (13mm spanner) Can reuse the oring seal if required, or get a new one. Tip - look inside the cavity while the screen is out, just to be sure. The trans filter number is - CNH - 254686A2 Donaldson - P179342 Any good filter supplier will cross reference those numbers to other brands. :drinkup
Thanks for the response alrman. what is this reffering to (13mm spanner). Thanks rick
spanner = wrench A 13 mm wrench is required to remove the bolts that retain the plate for the suction screen.
Well I finally got around to doing the trans fluid and filter replacement. Machine has 2300 hr on it. It looks like this was the first time trans was serviced, Filter still had black paint over spray on it. Everything looked good, screen was clean I bought a new oring. The 13 mm spanner worked perfect :thumbsup . I also drained and refilled front and rear axles. I bought a bucket hand pump to fill axles due to not being able to get a funnel under there. Everything got refilled w/ hytrans ultra. Fluid that came out of trans was yellow not red? My trans is the standard trans not a power shift. Next I have to repack outrigger cylinders and pull boom cylinder and have it welded. The weld on the end cap of the tube must have failed at some point and the previous owner welded it. The weld is ugly and seeps slightly. We are going to pull it and have a welder weld it correctly. Thanks Alrman for your advice!!
This is her new home! Ceiling high enough to raise and lock loader arms for servicing. Just learning how to download and attach pics!