Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2000 Case 90xt purchase opinion

Firescooby · 2021-09-18 10:08

I’m looking at possible purchasing a 2000 Case 90xt with 3600 hours. The current owner has owned it for 12-15 years. I haven't seen it personally, was asking $16,500...but he agreed to take $15000 I don’t know anything about or ever run a Case Any advice on what to check, etc?

Replies3
  1. #1KSSS2021-09-18 18:35

    The 90XT is big, powerful machine. That one looks to have been taken careful, for as much as can be seen of it. I really liked how fast the bucket functions were on those. You could move a lot of material. The only thing that was kind of a bummer was their low lift capacity, around 2500 if I recall correctly. The machine weighs almost 10K. There is not anything that I recall that were real issues other than the safety switches.

  2. #2Firescooby2021-09-18 18:45

    Thanks for the info I ended up passing on it for five reasons: 1) The controls were really weird to me (left operates the left side forward and up and down boom, Right side is right side movement and bucket curl) 2) Chain case I'm pretty was empty. I could hear the chain VERY loud and didn't sound like an fluid was in there and the owner had no idea that it even took oil 3) The owner had no idea how long it had been seen any service was done even though they've had it for 15 years. 4) It had a lot of slop in the booms 5) Right side drive made significant noise

  3. #362oliver2021-09-20 07:32

    Thats too bad, they are a good machine. The controls are just a simple matter of running it for a bit, I had a bobcat for many years, I like the case better now.