Hello all- I'm very new to owning a backhoe and figured I would reach out here first before getting service. About a month ago I had a branch go up through the bottom on the side of the engine and bust a large return hydraulic hose that goes to the back filter. Spliced the return hose and filled back up with fluid, however, now it seems like it has no speed or power in 1st or 2nd. (Note:All lifts work, just maybe seem a little slower). Goes into gear fine, but with the throttle to the floor it just doesn't seem like its at full power. Took it out on the road and 2nd is faster than 1st. I would say it is max 10MPH. Not sure if the throttle linkage could have bent or something has happened since the the hydraulic bust or I should have purged the system or something. Any help would be appreciated it! Thanks in advance.
To be a little clearer.. From a stop, it feels like 2nd is faster. Just in general with full RPMs it doesn't feel like it has the power and struggles up inclines.
Has the hyd filter been changed? Run the hoe and get it warmed up. Once warm check the fluid level If level is good, then need to check pressures
Not sure if it has been or not. Looked well cared for when I bought it. Will have to check to see if there is a date. Thanks for the tips! I’ll check the fluids again in the morning.
Trans is checked warm and idling
If that branch was bad enough to bust a hydraulic return line, chances are it may have also bent some linkage as well???? give that a gander..