I'm looking for manuals for the 1990 580k especially the wiring. I've got alot of wiring needs done,figured out and any other manuals would be greatly appreciated.
Go to www.casece.com , at the top of the window is "quick links", select Buy->manuals. Or you can look on eBay.
Thanks
Got the manuals for my 580c online from peaceful creek manuals...reprints in nice binders...got 2 service ,1 parts and 1 original operators manual for around 99 bucks..downloads are nice but fold out diagrams are priceless
I have them. I can't sell them, but I'll help where I can. What are your immediate needs?
Some Free Service manuals available at Minnpar https://www.minnpar.com/manuals.aspx Complete Service manual ( 1303 pgs.) for the Case 580K backhoe is in there ...............pages 409 - 418 electrical schematics
Nobody has mentioned yet that the serial number is 100 times more important than the year when looking at manuals and parts. The big deal is: is it before or after JJG20000?
Welcome to HEF Deanna !
I have the OEM service and parts manuals for a 580 Super K. I would be willing to sell em. Send me a PM for details.
Not sure if you found the manuals you need, but Minnpar.com has free manuals. I found the full shop manual, parts manual, general owner/maintenance manual and a safety manual for my Case 580SE. I had already bought the shop manual previously for $20 on line, but the parts manual is very handy to find the correct part numbers. Sorry for the delayed reply but I just joined the forum this week. Cheers
It seems to me electrical issues are more common in the Case 580K. I have a theory: Case had numerous configurations. Twenty or more partial wiring harnesses plugged together for the variations. Many of these plugs were hanging below everything else. Damned few of these tractors led a sheltered life. ALL of the mating plugs were located where water drizzled down to them. Fix the harness to harness corrosion issues, we wouldn't have Case 580K electrical threads. Yes, I've owned one 14 years.
Hello anyone who can share that service manual for Case 580K,seems Minnpar doesn't provide it anymore... thanks...
580K Wiring diagrams from Minnpar
Thanks a lot...
There were variations of 580k's through the years. The service manuals for them are different. Posting a serial number of where the gear-shift lever is located would help you find the correct manual.
Hello this should be the data plate with serial number...it should be JJH0003199
Is the gear shift lever in the floor or the side console ?
Honestly I don't know, the machine should arrive next week..I don't have a photo inside cabin, maybe You can conclude something from these photos...Looks like it is on the side console..
Side shift stabilizers. I don't think I can help you. I have never seen a TLB with tires worn out that badly.
What do you think is it phase 1 or phase 2? I've already got Service manual from some members here, for phase 1, but I'm not sure if this machine belongs to phase 1, would like to have phase 2 service manual too if it is possible... In the service manual for phase 1 says Phase 1 - prior to Serial Number JJG0020000, seems my machine is then Phase 2...if previous statement is correct... About tires, will see when arrives...
If your service manual sez Phase 1 on the first page you probably have a reproduced version of the Case OEM manual. I wouldn't trust the accuracy of the contents in it. You don't have a Phase 2. None were ever made that I know of. The first 580k's were just that, 580K's. The OEM service manual for the early 580K's is-- Case part # CA-S-580K The next model was the 580K Phase 3. There are huge differences between them.
And, it seems differences in the early ones. I had a 580K ?1988? I bought it cheap, it needed a door. It had extend a hoe & jotstick controls. Went through, replaced pins & bushings in the swing pivot, swing cylinder pivots, & all those around the bucket & linkage. Then I came upon a very nice example with low hours, tight joints & it had a door. Serial numbers were quite close to the first. I bought it, and proceeded to swap much of the hoe, and the joystick mechanism. It did prove to be a very big job. Biggest issue was swing speed. Rebuilt the swing sequence valve, that made it consistent both sides. Swing was way too fast, it was unpredictable, as swing speed was influenced by other hoe functions. Swing & raise, extend, & dump, finish any function, the swing took off like a rocket. Had to be very careful loading a truck, or working around people. I later learned Case made numerous changes to improve swing behavior, including bigger cylinders, flow restrictors, etc.
In the meantime I found some more documents (580к service manual phase 3, parts catalog phase 3), but seems it is issued almost in the same time as phase 1 document (1989)... so as Willie B says seems there are some modifications in same version...but nowhere I found version with side stabilizers..is that better or no? (having them in that form)... Thanks to Tinkerer, sounds as words of an expert...
Side stabilizers? Don't they all have them?
No, not side shift.
I'd have said side shift machines are rare here in USA. I'm not aware I have ever seen one, only pictures of them. I like the idea, it enables the operator to swing the hoe close to the rear axle. I drive down the highway fast, with the hoe latched in transport, it tends to bang against the latch hitting bumps. To avoid this, I don't latch it up, let the hydraulics cussion the bounce. Then travelling up the long steep driveway to my land, it has been known to lift the front wheels off the ground. There is a lot of weight in an extend a hoe with thumb. As for operating, I don't see a particular value in side shift. I also feel a wing stabilizer effectively widens the stance of the machine for a more stable position.
Since I have no experience with these machines, I can not comment different kinds of stabilizers, probably you are right about improved machine stability with wing stabilizers..Let's hear some other opinions, would be useful.. Have you had experience with JCB TLBs? Can you compare this 580k with the JCB 3cx, I had dilemma choosing between them.. The JCB 3cx is more popular here, and more expensive.. I consulted AI, got answer the Case 580 is not worse in any parameter (maybe if one uses machine everyday many hours, JCB might have the advantage)
JCB’s are great when new. After that, there is a gamble on parts and machine longevity. Case backhoes around here are a dime a dozen for a reason. 25 years ago, I ran a new JCB Sitemaster for a few years and it was great, especially with the Quad Steer. Same machine today, I won’t even take a glance at one, over a Case 580.
I am certainly no expert. That side shift backhoe is certainly handy at times. The Case side-shifts were primarily sold in Europe and Australia. I worked for contractor here in Illinois and he had a JCB that had a side-shift on it. I was running a road-widener in close proximity to it quite abit. It was disappointing to see the lack of ground clearance the vertical stabilizers had when they were up. But they allowed the machine to get very close to a wall and with the side shift it will dig right next to the wall. I would never want one because stabilizers that swing up are much more versatile than a side-shift.
Most machines (different brands) here where I'm (EU), are with vertical stabilizers, actually I've seen just few Case 580 older generation with wing stabilizers.... (maybe some Volvo versions)...so maybe it is something different here with digging (loading) preferences, I don't know...most new machines (maybe all) are with vertical...
We see small excavators with either a pivot where you can swivel to the side, use the hoe the way a backhoe works, we also see them with a joint in the dipper. I presume it is to dig along a foundation. In truth soil colapses, no reason you can't dig along a foundation without a 900 LB feature on your machine.