Hi guys, I have an oil pressure gauge that's not working. I replaced the sending unit to no avail. I'd like to trace the wiring from the sending unit to the gauge. I do notice that when I turn the key to the on position that the gauge pins itself to the left. Usually that means that the wiring is grounded. Any way if someone has a wiring diagram for that part I would appreciate you posting it. Thanks Dan
Serial number... always post a serial number
Wise words. Model years mean nothing for yellow iron. Everything works off the Serail Number, especially for an electrical schematic - There are about 50 different S/N ranges of D3.
Don't have one. I took it in to have rear sprockets replaced and they couldn't find one either
Can you find a Serial Number on the engine..? Also please post a couple of photos of the tractor. We had a case not long ago of another (slightly older) D3 where various HEF members correctly identified the exact model from looking at photos. The best part of it was that they were eventually proved right when the owner actually found a Serial Number plate on the tractor.
I don't see any serial #s. Here are some pics. Thanks for your interest Nigel
Looks more like a 1980's D3B 28Yxxxx machine, LGP version. Engine s/n is kind of hidden behind hydraulic line. Would need to be a D3C to get up to a 2000 model.
OM, what about the gauges in the last photo..? They look much more "modern" than what would be used on a 1980's era D3B. European-built maybe, especially with pressure gauges being marked in both psi & kPa..? To the OP. Do any of those four gauges in the last photo have a Part Number marked in the bottom RH corner..? If they all have a P/N then please post all four numbers.
It's more like a D-3C III or a D-3G . Bob
Oil Pressure p/n 9X4282,Fuel Gauge p/n 9X4285,Water Temp p/n 9X4284 and what I assume is the Tranny Temp 9X 4283
Five results pop up, with two different engine options. From the photos the engine looks like a 3046 as opposed to the other option which would be a 3204. That would narrow the options down to three. D3C Series III S/N prefix either 6LS, 7XL, or 9TS. Fortunately all three use the same electrical schematic. I sent you a copy by PM.
Yes, those gauges are a give away. Far as I know all the D3 series are built in Japan.
Hello Nigel, I did extensive testing on the oil pressure gauge system yesterday. All wiring has the correct continuity and voltages. The meter still pins to the low side when the key is turned on. I have noticed with previous gauges on other machines that when the send wire is disconnected at the gauge or sending unit,the meters will do the same thing. It's not seeing a signal as is very unhappy about it. In this case even though the wire is connected or disconnected,it makes no difference. The sending unit measures approx. 245 ohms which is well within range and goes to 85 ohms with the machine running. I can only conclude that the wiring inside the gauge from the gauge terminal to it's insides must have a break. I ordered a gauge last night from FINDITPARTS.COM and will advise in the coming week of the result after I install the new gauge. I was also very happy to find that the gauges are replaceable.They are plugins. Not as a whole cluster but individually. $27 plus tax and shipping $49. Thank again for your help,Dan
I have no idea what the wiring connections on the back of your gauges look like, but is there any possibility to hook the wiring up to one of the other gauges and see how the needle responds.? I know the gauge reading itself will make no sense, just thinking about seeing what the needle does.
To Bluox,Nigel AND old Magnet, I fixed it. After extensive testing I was confident enough to order a new gauge and that was the problem. Thanks to all for your help. Another one bites the dust. Dan
Good to hear it. All you need to do now is find the Seiral Number..!!
Hey Nigel, Would you happen to have wiring diagrams for my 1975 ford 535 Backhoe/loader? I want to get all of the gauges and warning lights working again while trying to figure out the power loss problem too.
Sorry, no. Try opening a new thread in the Backhoe Loader forum.