I have a 2000 model 5m xl dozer lost all forward gears reverse works fine. any buddy have a idea what it might be. or which transmission solenoid controls forward drive.this is a 3 speed automatic.
I had a similar problem recently on my 99 D-5M and the cause was a shorted wire where the harness had rubbed through. Start tracing the wire harness from the controller to the trans and you may find it. Hopefully you luck out and this is it.
Good suggestions from Jerry, but before going into the wiring I think I would first pull the power train filter and see whether or not it is full of clutch material. If not, you know that you don't have a forward direction clutch failure and can start to dig into the wiring ............
What codes is it showing as active? A weak solenoid can show up with the old screwdriver magnetism check. We had intermittent park brake issues on ours and found the park brake solenoid was pulling weaker than the others.