Hello everyone, I have a 2000 sterling 9513 vin yaf58180 dump truck. I have no brake lights or flashers on the right side. Tail lights work so I swapped light bulbs to make sure the brake light part of the bulbs weren't bad, no difference. Checked fuses and changed them side to side, no difference. Grabbed test light to check the wires, no signal at back of truck for right side brake lights. Chased wire all the way to cab, no signal for right side brake light. Is there anything else that could be wrong before I tear the cab apart chasing wires?:Banghead Thanks
Good luck! My 2005 Sterling's wiring is a mess! Just thinking out loud...maybe your turn signal switch?
does your right front blinker work? if so its not your multi function switch.
Yes mike the front works, just the right rear.
sounds to me like a bad wire in the cab. keep chasing it and most importantly have fun!:falldownlaugh
I thought about having a weenie roast but hot dogs taste funny over burning rubber
Have an assistant stand behind the truck watching the brake light while you start shaking wires and jiggling connectors. Good luck.
Ok, I think I have confused you guys as much as I am so let me try again. Turn signals work on both sides. Tail ights work on both sides. Brake lights do not work on right side. Four way flashers do not work on right rear, work on the other three corners. So the four way and brake must run in the same circuit. There is three wires at the back Brown- tail lights, marker lights Yellow- left side/driver side I get brake light, turn signal, and hazard flasher through this wire. Green - right side/ passenger side I get turn signal but no brake light or hazard flasher. So if turn signal works multifunction switch is working. If I can get turn signal that wire is not broken. So question is where do I look now? I am at a loss as to how to find where the brake signal and hazard lights connect into the yellow and green wires.
You need a wiring schematic. It's easy to say the problem is probably between the green wire and the stop light switch, but when it's all bundled into an enclosed loom.......
Check continuity on the brake light wire from light to cab. You probably need the schematic to save time. Troubleshooting is only fun when you know what you're doing, and resolve the problem.