I have a 2001 320cl excavator that is plumbed from factory for a hammer/concrete beaker attachment. It is equipped with a foot control pedal to run the hammer. I do not use a hammer instead I need it to run a bush hog. What will it take to switch this from running a hammer to a bush hog? I don't know much about hydraulics and any help will be appreciated
A rock to hold the pedal down. Er, maybe wire in a toggle switch in parallel with the foot pedal so you can toggle it on and off. As far as the plumbing you should be good to go, one pressure line, one return is usually all you need. YMMV, consult the maker or dealer of the brush hog for specifics.
You only get single pump flow on the auxiliary circuit so you will need to know the minimum required flow for the bush hog and the stated pressures. Generally rotating loads take more flow than one pump can put out. As far as changing from a manual pilot control to an electrical pilot control, you will need a solenoid valve with a pressure controlled sub plate. You can T into the existing pedal plumbing or swap the pedal plumbing to the solenoid valve. It's not that big a deal.