How do I get the free play out of my control joysticks on my 160 c?
Please help!
peel the bottom part of the boot back and there are 4 phillips screws to remove. Pull the boot up over the joystick and there is a jamnut you loosen (I think it is 22 or 24 mm). Once that is loose you can tighten the big washer that engages the plungers. Retighten the jam nut, reposition the joystick lever and reinstall the boot. This explanation probably isn't the best but it is pretty easy to figure out once the boot is removed...
I did that I took off the jam nut but I couldn't get the big ottos washer too budge and didn't wana break something so didn't put much pressure.should it be that hard to tighten?
Good day Drew We find such issues are down to wear in the joint simply replace the joint, if you need more help go excatech.esy.es we are happy to help Kind regards Uffex
Once you break the jam nut loose that is directly above the big washer the washer should turn easily unless it has been locktited in place. Its kind of awkward to work on beacause of the ujoint, but you can usually put a good amount of pressure w/ a regular wrench (no cheater pipe), without harming anything.
Be careful not to over tighten the large washer against the plungers. You want a little free play, not so tight that all four plungers are depressed when in the neutral position.