Hello, I am looking for some help on a hydraulic leak on my 2001 Bobcat 331 (2050 hrs). All the hydraulic functions work properly. The other day I notice a puddle of fluid under my track, in the back. I pulled off the final drive inside cover protector plate. I seen fluid and mud inside. I cleaned it all up. Put the plae back on and continued to work it. After about 3 hours of work I pulled the plate off to find more fluid inside housing. I cleaned it up again and watched where he fluid was coming from. I found the fluid is coming from what I suspect is the relief valve on top of the valve body that is part of the final drive assembly. The fluid is bleeding out of one of the allen bolts (on the very top of the final drive assembly) that attach the relief valve to the valve body (there is a total of 4 allen bolts). I think there is 2 orings under the relief valve. Could one of these orings be bad making it leak out the allen bolt? It is losing approx. / estimate 1 to 2 liters every 3 to 4 hours. Thanks for any help or input.
Seems to be a common issue on this machine. We carry stock on the valve you are describing and I have been surprised at how many we sell for this exact same reason. Bobcat part # 6670134
Thankyou for your input. Do you think mabey it is just an oring to the bottom of the relief valve? I see that there is 2 of them. Thanks again.
It could be. Only way to know would be to replace them.
The only reason I would think it was one of the bottom 2 o rings is I don't see any other way for fluid to be coming up the inside of the top allen bolt unless the body had washed out inside the relief valve. How can I pm you for some pricing. Thanks.
Click on my links in my sig below.
I am having the exact same problem. I replaced the o rings and it did not solve the problem. Baxter did you have to change the relief valve assembly?
I recently found both of mine to be corroded and leaking. Anyone have luck with replacements. OEM is 9 hundred a piece. Thanks in advance!