Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New to me, 91 790DLC question?

Dalej ยท 2013-04-06 08:28

I just received it yesterday and it had water and oil in the turn table gear box that was leaking out onto the machine. I took the inspection plate off under the carrage and drained all that was in there, about 5 gallons. I checked the oil in the swing motor and there wasn't any. I added 2.5 gallons and still nothing onn the dip stick. I'm thinking I'll remove the swing motor and check things out. Any advance advice? Thanks!

Replies2
  1. #1Dalej2013-04-06 11:45

    Are there any of you that work on there excavator your self? I thought there would have been plenty of you that might have pulled a swing motor and would have helpful hints. It this wasn't the right forum, can you direct me, thanks.

  2. #2uffex2013-04-06 12:13

    Good day Sir Some advice from our experience of such issues - 1/ Water in the slewing - swing gear lubricant can be of a result that the machine has been immersed in water up to the superstructure - 2/ There has been a failure of a seal between the superstructure and the transmission or the rotary coupling. 3/ A crack has developed in the main frame results in water ingress. The fact you have no lubricant in the swing transmission indicates seal or lower bearing failure. If you would prefer illustrations of this problem please drop a email to [email protected] Kind regards Uffex