Question regarding high flow hydraulics. I just bought this machine and it is my first skid steer. I verified with Bobcat that the machine is in fact a 2001 773 Turbo, however they couldn't verify the high flow option on the phone but referred me to the historical part of their website: https://www.bobcat.com/historical-specs When I looked up the machine there it shows that the 773 Turbo G Series came standard with High Flow. However, when I push the high flow button in the cab it doesn't light up or bog the engine down when I pull the right stick trigger. The standard flow is working fine as I have run my grapple on the machine. What I have come up with is that it is possible that I need Bobcat to "enable" the high flow function via a programmer of some sort or maybe the machine isn't a high flow???? I have attached some pics so that maybe on of you can tell what I have here. Thank You
Third picture from top, I only see one work equipment pump, high flow machines have two work equipment pumps, one piggyback off of the other inline. That's not a high flow machine from what I'm seeing. High flow wasn't standard on 773G, that was an option that cost extra if you wanted to purchase a high flow machine as the majority of attachments don't require high flow.
And Bobcat is notorious for not being able to tell what options are on a particular machine by the serial number. I've complained to them before in sarcasm..."then what's the point of having a serial number?"
Thanks Willie, if true I am disappointed a bit. There are two things about this that are really annoying if the machine isn't high flow. One being that some moron put high flow stickers on the machine at some point and two being that Bobcat themselves state that high flow was standard on the G series 773 Turbos.
Bobcat 773G standard flow pump, which is what it looks like you have in pic #3.
773G High Flow pump, two pumps piggyback.
I hope the seller didn't price the machine at the premium price for a high flow machine as they do generally sell for a bit more money. Again, high flow was an option, cost more up front as probably 98% of attachments don't require high flow.
No, I am not going to fault the previous owner as he only had the machine for two years and never hooked up anything other than the bucket and couldn't speak to the high flow or not. It has 2600 hours and I paid 12k for it, I think I am still alright though the high flow was something I was excited about. I will still be able to run most attachments I want, will just have to size them according to 16.7 gpm @ 3000 psi aux hydraulics. Thank you very much for your prompt responses by the way.
IMHO, 773G is one of the best machines Bobcat made, damn good machine.
Appreciate it man, it is very clean. I sold my tractor to fund this purchase as I just don't have the need for the 3 point hitch so much. I am looking at a stump grinder as my first attachment for the 773. This guy has them at a price of $3590 and I like the visibility from the cab while operating it: https://www.mtlattachments.com/brus...-stump-grinder-24-wheel-standard-or-high-flow
I guess that this confirms it, thanks again for the help.
Was the machine painted and the wrong stickers put on? It looks too clean for an 18 year old machine while at the same time looks like a really good older low hour machine.
It may have been painted. I haven't seen any overspray or anything to support that but the stickers certainly would lead one to believe that that it has been painted. The machine has 2600 hours and it is very clean.