Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2001 cat 311 cat to jd controls

Rolandj · 2020-09-11 20:05

Good evening , i am new to this forum. i just purchased a 2001 cat 311 it has a pattern changer which goes from cat to 2 or 3 chinese settings on the cards on the window . I tried searching and can't find anything . I come up with some stuff such as swap L1 w L3 R1 w R3 but to no avail because i can't find machine specific.I almost feel like someone swapped a hose somewhere else. I appreciate any help. Thanks

Replies16
  1. #1Nige2020-09-11 21:39

    Serial Number..? Are you sure the "Chinese" is not Japanese.? A lot of similar machines were built for the Japan-only market and I suspect yours might just be one of them. The S/No will confirm that.

  2. #2Rolandj2020-09-11 21:47

    Chinese Japanese same thing lol serial # CLK00697

  3. #3Cmark2020-09-12 01:23

    Are you saying you can't find the changeover valve? It should be under the cab floor. You might need to remove the floor mat to find it. The Operation & Maintenance Manual is available from catpublications.com. Media number SEBU7429

  4. #4Tyler d4c2020-09-12 01:43

    Same set up as my 312b I removed the switcher valve and rooted the lines under the cad to the bulk head connections and hooked them up

  5. #5Rolandj2020-09-12 04:44

    i know where change over valve is . I put it in other positions. and no luck changes to funky patterns.

  6. #6Rolandj2020-09-12 04:47

    Tyler , so you removed the block with the selector and how did you go about that? Did you need new lines? I know its something dumb its just a matter of knowing which L an R number goes where I have changed a bunch an get half way there but then get stumped.

  7. #7Nige2020-09-12 05:00

    This attached is how it's supposed to work. Your machine was manufactured for the inside Japan (ISJ) market. It's classed as a grey market machine outside Japana and there is little or no technical information available on it. If you want a genuine Parts Manual for it order XJBP7478 from your dealer. Price around $100. Another source will be these guys ........ https://www.servicemanualpro.com/?page=Products&searchbox=CLK00967 The machine will be broadly similar to a 311C of PAD or CKE prefixes, but not everything will be the same. If none of the standard control patterns work for you, try contacting HEF member "uffex" by PM. He has a lot of info on these machines and may well have a document to help you re-plumb the pilot circuit to transform the control pattern into what you are looking for.

  8. #8Rolandj2020-09-12 06:31

    Nige, Thank you for all you knowledge so any of that stuff in the link will work for me ? And ill try contacting him I appreciate it

  9. #9Nige2020-09-12 07:12

    The article explains how the pattern changer is supposed to work. If it doesn't work as explained then someone has been messing with the pilot system hoses into/out of the pattern changer. That could work in your favour because once you know what works what, swapping hoses to get the JD pattern you are looking for ought to be relatively simple.

  10. #10Tyler d4c2020-09-12 08:53

    The lines that went from the switch to the valve vank where long enough to make it under the cab just unhooked it all and rerouted the hoses under mine had the little plastic identifiers on it so it was quite easy. As for the l and r just switch it up under the cab l1 with r1 and l2 with r2 just be careful appone first operation that it is right

  11. #11Tyler d4c2020-09-12 08:55
  12. #12Rolandj2020-09-12 14:41

    i printed what you sent so tomorrow i will look at trying that first and putting them in that order. there

  13. #13Rolandj2020-09-13 09:46

    So l switched ports 2 and 4 everything works in and pattern accept swing now is backwards. So I would assume to just swap those lines.

  14. #14Rolandj2020-09-13 11:43

    The swing is just crisscross at this point

  15. #15Nige2020-09-13 11:49

    Logic suggests that swapping the two input pilot hoses (or the outputs) of the pattern changer will sort that out.

  16. #16Rolandj2020-09-13 16:36

    So it’s all good now thank you all for your help it seems like somewhere along the lines somebody else had their mitts in there. I swapped l2 an l4 an R2 an r4. Then I had to switch the brown and yellow and everything is good