Long story short, I got this forklift for money owed to me. Diesel, 5000 pound lift, 3 stage mast, 186" height Its not a bad looking unit, I heard it start and saw it run a month ago But... when I went to get my new pride and joy, I turn the key and nothing... I tested the battery, it shows good.. but I will change it with a new one just in case... Are there safety switches built in? Like in the seatbelt? Where it would kill everything unless clicked? Or if the hydraulic oil gets too low? I assume it has to be in neutral to start... Instrument panel isn't lighting up.. I really dont know if it ever did.. An owners manual would be good and perhaps a repair manual ? I am not finding a whole lot online about these units... Can I get parts for this Forklift? Thanks ahead for any input from the heavy equipment hive mind !! Mark
Switches - Seat, park brake, direction control. A very few had standard trans instead of power shift and in that case also a clutch switch.
What's your email ? l can share the service manual with you .
[email protected] ....... Is there a glow plug switch to warm them for pre-start? Thanks
Thanks... The direction control was bumped into reverse.. it turns over, but the battery is dead.. looking for a glow plug switch now ?
It's a relay and controlled by the ignition switch.
Thank you, I had seen in video's where they turn the key counter clockwise a little to initiate the plugs.. but mine doesnt turn back at all.. Only forward... it does start though after it turns over a few times... smokes a lot.. but I'm hoping thats from the straight bio diesel he has in the tank... He made his own... from cooking grease ran his Dodge truck and Mercedes on it too..
Ok, she runs... Got a hydraulic hose leak involving the mast ... enough so, that it allows a load to very slowly drop... Also, the tires are pneumatic... anyone have any idea how much air is required? They were all low... at only 15 pounds... I put 50 in them just for now.. I feel they should be more? Thanks
There are large tires in front, and smaller in the rear.. are you saying all tires require 31.2KB?
???? really?
What's so hard about 115 or 120 psi?
I dont understand your question... 115 or 120 seems high to me... My one ton van only requires 65 to 70
Wow... you guys are really awesome... I'm trying to figure out how to download it.. Thank you Youwanna !!
Thank you !!!
So, She is back to not running.. I should say, barely running.. can start it, but not enough power to drive it.. I think the fuel pump is bad.. I am researching maybe installing an electric fuel pump.. low pressure.. if possible ?