Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2001 hitachi 75ur

Bad billy · 2022-05-12 14:52

Thinking about buying a 2001 excavator (hitachi 75 ur) Is a good machine ?roughly 6000 hrs ,needs new track tensioner,one cylinder leaking,probly get this machine for around 22000 $ Canadian. What is the key things to check for on my inspection before buying ?help would be appreciated..thanks

Replies17
  1. #1Bad billy2022-05-12 14:53

    Is it worth the 22000

  2. #2uffex2022-05-13 07:33

    Good day Billy See attached may be what you are looking for, mail the results back to us, and we add some good advice. Kind regards Uffex

  3. #3Bad billy2022-05-14 13:24

    Thank-you very much …very helpful I bought the machine for 18k needs a track tensioner and 1 top rollers Brian

  4. #4Bad billy2022-05-14 13:26

    The swing motor/pump was low on the dipstick .I don’t see a place to fill …any ideas?

  5. #5uffex2022-05-14 16:51

    Good day Brian Looks as filling is by the spout for the stick. Kind regards Uffex

  6. #6Bad billy2022-05-16 12:30
  7. #7Bad billy2022-05-16 12:31

    Thank-you very much

  8. #8uffex2022-05-16 12:37

    Hi Brian I have been informed that there is a plug 180 degrees from dip stick can be used to fill the tranny. Kind regards Uffex

  9. #9Bad billy2022-05-16 23:06

    Uffex Thanks for all this information,I really do appreciate it .I have another question for you.Where would you order parts for this machine .Is there a company in North America that has great service and prices?

  10. #10uffex2022-05-17 03:58

    Good day Brian Many parts can be sourced in the open market - relays - switch's and the like. Transmissions need to be identified often these can be sourced from sub suppliers or indeed machine dismantling yards. I do not know of an outfit in the USA that specialists in Hitachi parts. Engines are very similar to generator - marine spec. so these should not present any problem. On the HEF you have some very good John Deer tec. guys often they can give you a cross reference which may open another source for parts.Great if you could take a photo or two we do not have so much on filke. Kind regards Uffex

  11. #11Bad billy2022-05-18 16:16

    I found my parts for the under carriage …6 weeks to come in ..changing both track adjusters and all rollers . Blew a hose this morning on my blade . Do any any of you kind folk out there have a hose diagram 0n when this hose goes ?

  12. #12Bad billy2022-05-19 23:33

    I figured it out . Now I’m looking for a good part/service manual .I can’t find nothing on the net

  13. #13uffex2022-05-20 03:51

    Good day brian I have a contact with a dash 3 service manual it may cost a six pack as the barbecue seaon has started here. Kind regards Uffex

  14. #14Bad billy2022-05-20 07:29

    Where do I send the 6 pack

  15. #15Bad billy2022-05-20 07:34

    -3 ,is that 3rd generation ex75ur.Will info on a -3 work with the 2001 ex75ur

  16. #16uffex2022-05-20 08:00

    Hi Brian I cannot be sure what year's the EX75-3 UR relates to, I believe 1997 > 2001. As models get updates, they tend to be superficial & cosmetics, so there could be minor differences. PM me your Email if I should request a copy (It's digital to download) Kind regards Uffex

  17. #17Bad billy2022-05-20 08:54

    Ok done ,Thankyou very much what a great site this is Brian