Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Exhaust issue Cat 3306

Dewone2 ยท 2022-05-12 16:23

I have a Cat 235 excavator with a 3306 Cat. I have excessive black smoke issues and realize what could possibly be going on there with fuel injectors , air intake etc. The main issue I have is the smoke is coming out of the head below the exhaust ports. I just installed new exhaust gaskets but the smoke appears to be coming from ports where the gasket just covers the square port. Normally ports would be covered with the gasket and the manifold bolted to cover and hold. There are no manifold bolts or manifold that covers those ports.

Replies4
  1. #11466IH2022-05-12 16:41

    Can you take some pictures and put them up here? Also serial number

  2. #2Dewone22022-05-12 18:07

    Serial number is 8Z2185 Arrangement Number 7N1291. See the attached photos. Thanks

  3. #3heymccall2022-05-12 20:09
  4. #4heymccall2022-05-12 20:16

    As for the heavy black, the air fuel regulator diaphragm is probably shot. #2 in the image in the link below. http://www.catengine.info/workshop/3306/d330-d333-3304-3306-fuel-ratio-control.html