I'm working on a 2001 kw t300. Dual rear axles with a 4 air bags, and a single leveling valve mounted on the front rear axle. Can anyone tell me what the ride height is supposed to be, or if there's a tag that tells me?
Call the dealer with the last 6 vin. They can email out a sheet with the know hows.
If it has a standard 5th wheel the top of the plate should be between 46"-48".from the ground.
It's an oil tanker truck. We've gotten calls from people saying the truck looks like it's going to tip over making a right hand turn. This truck has been problems for a few years, the u bolts are always loosening up and we had to replace both track bars or whatever they're called, the links that go from the frame to the axle in the rear. I ran into an issue after someone else replaced the track bar in the rear front axle and the slack adjuster contacted the spring perch and bent the arm. The slack failed, and thats when I noticed the clearance issue on the passenger side. Looking more closely at it, The ubolts were even grinding into the frame. I couldn't get the snap ring on for the slack. Best guess is they didn't install the spacers between the track bar and the saddle. I put some half inches spacers in there, replaced the u bolts and everything fit again. The passenger side u bolts are still close to the frame, but no where near where they were. Now I'm going after the air bag issue.
I would tend to keep it as low as possible without the bags bottoming. First thing I would suggest is to put an air height valve on each side instead of one in the middle, biggest ports you can find and split the air side to side that way. The big wood chip trailers they run in my part of the world are that way so when she starts to lean in the corners you get a big burst of air on that side to help hold it up.