Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2001 Komatsu PC27R-8 question

Rob_D ยท 2020-06-27 20:32

Hi everyone I recently purchased a very used PC27r-8. I have few of questions: 1. The existing fan was shot so I got a replacement, I'm new to equipment but just wanted to make sure this fan is designed to push air through the radiator and not pull it like I'm used to with vehicles? Just want to confirm I don't have it on backwards. 2. It has a 3d82AE engine. Is there an equivalent thermostat I can get at autozone, o'reilly or napa? Thanks guys.

Replies3
  1. #1uffex2020-06-29 10:59

    Good day Rob Could I suggest you take a close look at the cooling matrix normally the most blocked side is the direction of air pull, attached a fan illustration not sure if you see the correct blade pitch. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Rob_D2020-07-01 00:47

    Thank You for the reply. I have it all back together and the main issue seems to be whoever had the unit before me must have changed the radiator, because the fan shroud wasn't centered over the fan anymore. I cut a large piece out of it so tha fan would fit and the machine still overheated, but I realized all the air was flowing out where I had cut and not through the radiator. I put the shroud back together much closer tot he fan and with no pieces missing and now she seems to run cool. Only issue now is when the machine is at operating temperature it doesn't want to start again. I've read that is possibly caused by a bad fuel filter so I have a new one on order.

  3. #3uffex2020-07-01 03:48

    Good luck with that lets hope that will resolve the problem. Kind regards Uffex