Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2001 Komatsu pops out of gear

5050racing ยท 2023-08-02 07:45

I read one post im New here anybody have more info operates perfectly stay in forward n sometimes reverse but if you hold it dozer works perfect even at low idle plenty of power thanks for any ides

Replies8
  1. #15050racing2023-08-03 06:48

    This is a D38e sorry

  2. #2OzDozer2023-08-03 07:10

    It's likely you've got transmission low oil pressure issues. Most powershift transmissions return to neutral when the oil pressure falls to an inadequate pressure level, where the pressure isn't high enough to keep the clutches fully engaged. This is done via spring pressure in the spool valve. Normal transmission oil pressure keeps the spring compressed, but when the pressure drops the spring takes over and returns the lever to neutral. Holding the lever in against the spring pressure means the clutches will slip and wear is then increased, and the transmission may also overheat. Quite often, something simple such as a blown o-ring in the oil pump supply line is the cause of the low pressure.

  3. #35050racing2023-08-03 07:14

    Thanks not what I wanted to hear but I thought you fixed yours with o rings in control?

  4. #45050racing2023-08-03 07:19

    So I guess I need to put gauge on test port to see

  5. #55050racing2023-08-03 07:19

    So I guess I need to put gauge on test port to see

  6. #6OzDozer2023-08-03 08:25

    Yes, that's a good start. I have not fixed any powershift transmissions recently by replacing o-rings in the control valve body, but I have done so many years ago.

  7. #75050racing2023-08-03 09:50

    John on here talked about it

  8. #8Mhudgins2023-09-02 19:52

    Did you get this resolved ? Mine does this sometimes also.