Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2002 4700 international no glow plugs or starter

mattyt1984 ยท 2021-11-15 18:54

I purchased this as non running. When I turn ignition to run the wait for start does not illuminate and the starter does not even click the relay when it's turned. I can hot wire starter at solenoid and cranks good but won't from ignition. It appears wiring is all connected. Any ideas on where to start?

Replies17
  1. #1Truck Shop2021-11-15 19:27

    Did you check for power at the starter solenoid with key in start position even?

  2. #2mattyt19842021-11-15 19:48

    There is no power going to starter solenoid when cranking. Also no power to the starter relay on fire wall or power to the relay for the glowplugs.

  3. #3Truck Shop2021-11-15 20:07

    Checked to see if any Maxi Fuses are blown-if it uses them? Have you followed the main circuit to power distribution box/panel and from there out? Have you checked grounds?

  4. #4mattyt19842021-11-15 22:46

    From what I see all grounds are good and no blown fuses

  5. #5Bluox2021-11-16 00:03

    Did you check the switch as checking it for power in and out ? Bob

  6. #6funwithfuel2021-11-16 06:49

    Manual or automatic? Check neutral safety? Clutch switch?

  7. #7mattyt19842021-11-16 21:03

    It's manual and the switch is good for clutch.

  8. #8funwithfuel2021-11-16 21:52

    Is the cab properly grounded? There's a 10 or 12 gauge wire grounding on the forward side of the bulkhead. There's a plastic cover that shrouds the bulkhead connectors, remove that. Then you will see a wire/cable secured to the bulkhead. Remove the cable and clean it. It's prone to working loose and corroding. This will cause you all kinds of grief, if it's the problem.

  9. #9mekanik2021-11-17 10:24

    What engine? Check the power cables from the battery to the starter and all power leads from the battery. There are power cables that come off the starter to the cab as well. Make sure all the grounds are connected. Some engines the starter relay grounds through the engine ECM. If the clean power to the ECM fails the engine will not crank.

  10. #10mattyt19842021-11-17 18:17

    The cab ground check good. This is the 444e engine. Everything electrically works except the starter and glow plugs. But it also seems the injectors are not firing as there is no smoke.

  11. #11funwithfuel2021-11-17 18:56

    So, do you have the single ECU OR diamond logic on the left valve cover? I think you need to check your relay bank. If I remember correctly, on the right side dash, above the glove box should be your relays for crank and crank inhibit. There should also be the power up for ignition. I would verify that they are powering up in the right order.

  12. #12Truck Shop2021-11-17 19:46

    Just wondering-crank protection.

  13. #13Joel592021-11-18 08:13

    Check out the under valve cover wire harness. Pretty common to see them damaged.

  14. #14mattyt19842021-11-18 19:03

    Does anyone have wiring diagram of computer? This way I could back trace everything. Mine has a single computer on the passenger side valve cover. This one does not have a ecm relay on the passenger side.

  15. #15mekanik2021-11-18 20:25

    Can you give me the last eight of the VIN. I should be able to get the diagram.

  16. #16mattyt19842021-11-19 18:27
  17. #17mekanik2021-11-19 20:45

    I have the wiring manual as a PDF can you PM me your email and I will email it to you. Terry