Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Windshield wipers don’t clean windshield

suladas · 2021-11-15 21:44

Beyond frustrated trying to fix wipers on my WS. Every time I get them working OK as soon as I need them they will hardly, if at all take water off the windshield. I've tried bending the arm a bit, I bought some springs that are suppose to add some pressure, and today when I need them nada. After messing around with them they worked ok for about 5 minutes but back to nothing. They are brand new blades, I replaced old ones thinking it would help but it didn't. The spring in the arm seems to have a fair bit of force but something just isn't right? Other then trying to find a new arm at a wrecker what can I do? Is there a special blade that's really soft that would help or waste of time? Drivers and passenger side are both just as bad.

Replies4
  1. #1hosspuller2021-11-15 22:10

    First make sure the wiper is holding the blade parallel to the glass. The rubber has a pivot built-in to switch directions. If the blade isn't parallel the blade doesn't wipe correctly. Then ...Try a bottle of RainX Makes the water bead up. If there's enough air flow, don't need the wipers.

  2. #2materthegreater2021-11-15 22:10

    Does your windshield have pine pitch on it?

  3. #3hosspuller2021-11-15 22:11

    For sure this ... start with clean glass ...

  4. #4suladas2021-11-15 22:36

    I’ve cleaned glass numerous times, helps a tiny bit at first. I will have to check position, because of windshield angle there is about 3” of blade that doesn’t touch glass at rest. I also noticed today how easy blade pops off, it doesn’t lock in that well. But today for most of the time the blades weren’t wiping anything off at all.