Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2002 CAT D4G Final Drives

ewenz ยท 2016-11-06 11:10

Purchased an 02 D4G here in Ecuador that was imported some years ago from Michigan. I am planning on using it to help clear land and cut pads for new houses following the Earthquakes, all volunteer work. I need to replace most of the undercarriage and put new seals in the finals. I am doing almost all of the work myself and need to build a CAT tool 8T-3207 lifting bracket. There is not one avail here. Does anyone know this tool, especially the dimensions. This poor machine was abused after getting here and I am going to bring it back to life. Also...I have the CAT parts manual but does anyone know where I can download a CAT Service Manual? Thanks for the help

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2016-11-06 14:05

    Question: What are you going to use to lift the final drives off the machine..?

  2. #2ewenz2016-11-06 14:14

    I have the use of a CAT 426C backhoe. The drives weigh about 700+. I am pretty well prepped, just need to build the support. My machine is FDC00258