I have a 2006 with a C9 engine with the following codes. 036 274.03 030 E0179.1 113 618.02 Any help with what these mean and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance I just changed the injector sleeves due to fuel in the coolant.
036.274.03 is the atmospheric pressure sensor open circuit or short to batt+. This will derate the engine. 030.E0179.1 is the alternator not charging. 113.618.02 is the parking brake switch.
Thank you!! Would that first on probably be a skinned wire touching a ground? Or the sensor itself?
There are detailed Troubleshooting procedures for all the above. Drop me a PM with your Serial number and an email address. It would akso help to know which ones are active, i.s. is the SERV CODE light illuminated when you scroll to that particular code..?
Nigel I found the problem...it was a bolt that was too long and causing the plug to come off the sensor. Another issue came up. I am replacing all 6 of the bottom radiator seals and wondering what the radiator looking cooler is on the far left looking at front of Dozer. I had fuel in coolant and replaced injector cups and had another leak. Do I need to take this other cooler off as well? Any other tips would be appreciated. Thanks again for all you help and knowledge!!
If you haven't already bought the seals, ask the Cat parts man to specify the upgraded seals which are resistant to oil and fuel. They are apparently made from a better material than the original seals. Yours must be a different model than mine, because if I remember correctly I have 7 cores plus the hydraulic cooler is in the middle,not the side.
Thanks I suppose coolant goes through the hyd cooler too. Probably should change seals on that too while it's apart? It has NOT leaked...yet.