Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2002 DT466 no start

marka683 ยท 2019-11-09 16:30

Will start with ether, once running will restart every time no problem even if I bleed off all fuel pressure. After sitting 15 minutes engine will not re-start without ether. Fuel pressure is 50 PSI while cranking and running. ICP is 915 PSI commanded and actual during crank no start condition according to my scanner. No codes

Replies5
  1. #1funwithfuel2019-11-09 16:50

    Do you show rpm while cranking? Suspect faulty/failing cam sensor.

  2. #2marka6832019-11-09 17:14

    yes RPM show

  3. #3funwithfuel2019-11-09 17:31

    I would still be looking at the cam sensor. IH is notorious for this. If you have an oscilloscope, even a cheap one, you could watch the square wave coming out while cranking.

  4. #4_Weldman_2019-11-23 02:18

    Must of missed this thread somehow anywho, leaking injector O ring leak possibly, maybe pull valve cover off and crank it over to see which one shoots oil out like a gusher.

  5. #5Vetech632019-11-23 03:21

    I had a 1999 466 engine that did similar things. Mine was oil pressure related, too low for the computer to go online. Just a thought.