Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2002 jcb 214

richierich ยท 2013-09-21 14:06

I have a 2002 JCB 214 4 speed shuttle intermittent reverse issue, can any one help with this problem?

Replies4
  1. #1stock2013-09-21 18:45

    You may need to provide us with a tad more info, Does it drive forwards? Does the steering work? Have you checked the fuses? Has it oil? What have you done?

  2. #2richierich2013-09-22 07:39

    Thank you for replying, Yes it drives forward and steers, it also will go into reverse after several tries, relay clicks when not engaging and has no click when engages, I have changed tranny fluid and filter, checked relay and fuses. I have been told from the dealer that it could be a solenoid, I do know where it is located, however I see four, Can they be sourced with a meter? Thank you Richard

  3. #3bowen2013-09-24 06:26

    Sounds like whatever relay you are hearing is associated with the problem. but seems reverse. Click= no work then No click=work? If you can find that relay replace it or determine if the problem is the actual relay or the wiring that is supposed to energize that relay. You sure it's a relay you are hearing click? Note that I know nothing about a JCB214. This is just a general observation from your comment.

  4. #4Jock2013-09-24 07:04

    How many hours on your machine? How sloppy does the forward/reverse lever feel on the column? They are known to stuff up in there sometimes