I’m having a small issue with the hydraulics while tracking ny dozer. When I first crank and track Forward or backwards it’s real slow. If I walk it 1-2’ it will speed up and get full power and track fine, but when I go to pushing and put it under load it goes back into a limp mode or slow crawl. I can walk it backwards again and it gets full power. Sometimes it takes me tracking it backwards for 2-3’ or forwards that distance before it gains its power back? Any suggestions is appreciated.
Is the trans. oil full? Maybe it needs a filter and/or oil change?
Oil is in the site glass, and changed oil/ filter 50-100 hours ago
Is there a sensor that puts it in limp mode that could be failing and going backwards resets it for a short time?
Oil is in the site glass, and changed oil/ filter 50-100 hours ago not that I am aware of.
I'm not too familiar with your machine but looks to be hydrostatic. Hydrostatics in general are load sensing but on a modern crawler dozer there are likely electronic/computer and pressure related sensors to adjust the speed and engine RPM for peak performance. I'm not sure if your dozer shows codes or needs a Komatsu tech. to come out to read them and possibly recalibrate the system. Did the problem happen suddenly or gradually get worse and did you have them before you changed the oil and filters? Maybe the machine needs recalibrating after a hydrostatic oil and filter change. There are others on the forum who could give you much better guidance but most newer machines have means to self diagnose problems and show codes to make it easier to pin point the issue.
I have changed the oil and filters. I will look into that and see if that’s the problem.