Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2003 Bobcat 337

Stoomeysr · 2023-10-31 19:37

I was walking to my dump truck to load a stump in. I heard some kind of a bang. She stopped dead in her tracks and the power to the panel went out. I turned the key off and back on and the panel did not illuminate but, the machine cranked over normally but, would not start…. Did a relay blow? Was that the bang? What can I check, where do I look? Thanks Steve

Replies10
  1. #1uffex2023-11-01 11:25

    Good day I suggest you check the control lock out solenoid, maybe the cable has shorted. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Stoomeysr2023-11-01 15:01

    it was the 25 amp fuse for the computer that blew… All set now! Steve

  3. #3uffex2023-11-02 09:02

    Good day Steve It may be worth the thought of the root cause, it may let you down when you least expect. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4Stoomeysr2023-11-15 10:58

    It has….. Now it constantly blows the 25amp computer fuse…. Is there a place I should look for a short? Just looking around, nothing seems chafed! Suggestions?

  5. #5uffex2023-11-15 11:07

    Good day Disconnect the solenoid - measure across the fuse see if you have voltage- if you have its a cable short - if not suggests that the solenoid is at fault. Kind regards Uffex

  6. #6Stoomeysr2023-11-15 11:13

    Hi Thanks Where is the solenoid? Steve

  7. #7uffex2023-11-15 11:14

    Good day Steve Give me some time I will make information for you. Kind regards Uffex

  8. #8Stoomeysr2023-11-15 11:19

    What is interesting is, The machine will start with the lock lever in the down position. My recollection was that a machine wouldn’t start with it down?

  9. #9Stoomeysr2023-11-15 11:21

    The machine is precariously stuck on a down grade with a large boulder in its thumb, and of course, I can not move around her with other equipment, because she is right there in the middle of my project.

  10. #10uffex2023-11-16 09:44

    Good day Attached is the hydraulic part of the lock out, unfortunately the wiring diagram I have for that model is poorly made. I will try to make good. Kind regards Uffex