Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2003 Cat 314c lcr serial number check

RPMex · 2021-04-25 16:32

Hi can one of you fine folks check this serial number for me please. Wondering if this machine is grey market or any other info I should be aware of. Also looking for operation, parts, and service manual. Any help would be much appreciated. CAT0314CCPCA00220 Thanks in advance!

Replies10
  1. #1Nige2021-04-25 18:27

    It would have a KHB Serial Number prefix if it was grey market. Not a Japanese-market only machine. Appears in the online service system. Built 9th April 2003. Publication references. The first two documents can be downloaded as Adobe pdf documents from Cat Publications - https://catpublications.com/ Operation & Maintenancne Manual - SEBU7448 Parts Manual - SEBP3540 Service Manual . RENR5570. This is only available in either CD ($490) or paper ($890) format from https://www.servicemanualpro.com/

  2. #2RPMex2021-04-25 19:53

    Nice thanks Nige! Is there any type of diagnostic tool or software I can purchase for this machine. I’m trying to get myself prepared so when something goes wrong I’m ready.

  3. #3heymccall2021-04-25 20:13

    I have a PCA 314CLCR. Definitely not grey market. I'm near 11k hours on mine. AC line from compressor, front crank seal, starter, alternator, valve cover gasket, duo cone seals in finals (freeze damaged) and replaced that craptastic water separator with a 1174089 filter & housing out of a 322B. Only thing that really sucks is the counterweight must be removed to change the starter motor. But, I've already had to remove the counterweight on my 314DLCR and 314ELCR machines.

  4. #4RPMex2021-04-25 20:32

    Thanks heymccall, I may have to pick your brain some in the future. I’ve read some of your posts on here some pretty good stuff! I’m going to have to pop the counter weight off sometime in the near future as the belts are squealing and it drives me crazy. While it’s off I may look into having the start rebuilt and any other things I should have done while it’s off. This one seems like a nice machine so far, it has roughly 5000 hours. It needs a bit of TLC but very smooth to run. The left track is a bit weak and I have noticed that when I turn right (left track turning and right track stopped) the front idler pushes in on the right track. Thinking this may be a broken spring? I don’t think the previous owner was much on maintenance. It also seems a bit boggy when cold but I’m hopeful a service and some new filters will help this problem.

  5. #5heymccall2021-04-25 23:14

    You can tighten and/or change belts without removing the counterweight. Usually it's the AC belt, via the idler, that needs tightened. From underneath.

  6. #6RPMex2021-04-26 05:36

    Good to know! It should be coming back to the shop this week and we will be going through it. An easy fix for the belt would be a great start. I really appreciate the info!!!

  7. #7heymccall2021-04-26 07:52
  8. #8RPMex2021-05-31 06:52

    @heymccall , hope you’re having a nice weekend I’ve had a chance to put some hours on my 314 and I had a few questions I was hoping you could help me with. Where is the water separator? I have the manual but still can’t seem to find it. I’m wondering if a previous owner removed it. Also what should I expect for fuel consumption? Currently I’m running about 13-14 hours on a tank, is that normal say 4 gallons an hour? As always thanks so much for your help!!!

  9. #9heymccall2021-05-31 09:05

    Separator...flip up landing cover, and look to rear outward side. Or, take side cover off.

  10. #10RPMex2021-05-31 17:54

    Nice thank you!!!