Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2003 D6N LGP ALY00554 Transmission Filter Location?

Mike Bartholdy ยท 2024-07-06 14:44

Hello, I need HELP. I can't locate the powertrain/transmission filter. The unit has a winch, which I imagine is why it is not located below the fuel tank next to the primary fuel filter as it shows on the diagram. I have looked everywhere else I can think of with no luck. Has anyone ever run into this??

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2024-07-06 15:42

    Can you post a photo of the rear end of the machine showing the winch and fuel tank, etc. Also is the winch a factory fitment or has someone added it later.? The tractor was originally built with a forestry arrangement but said arrangement does not appear to have included a winch. Attached the powertrain oil lines for a tractor equipped with a winch. It gives the impression that the filter is behind the rear lower powertrain guard but I could be completely misinterpreting the drawing.

  2. #2Mike Bartholdy2024-07-06 16:10

    Thank you for your reply! Here are pictures of the rear and side. I not out there now to take new pictures. It does have the forestry package, but not sure if the winch was added later.

  3. #3Mike Bartholdy2024-07-06 16:20

    I wish I could find a 3D of the overall position on the dozer for one with winch. It is not too clear to me.

  4. #4Nige2024-07-06 16:47

    It's not that clear to me either. Looking again at the illustration I think if you either lift the floor plate in the cab and look down or remove the rear belly guard and look up - you're going to find it.

  5. #5Mike Bartholdy2024-07-06 17:31

    That is what I thought too. I already removed and checked both belly guards and cab floor plate.