Just got a 1984 Case 450c dozer. Need to change oil & filter. I looked underneath and all I saw was belly pan.... A video I watched showed an oil plug in hole in belly pan. I don't see anything like that in mine. Thanks for your help.
You may need to take the belly off. If you do that, do some accurate measuring and cut an access hole in it for the drain plug. Then fabricate a cover for the new hole.
That is what we are thinking we have to do. You think I could siphon the oil out of the dipstick or fill tube? Thanks.
Just drop the belly pans, all of them. Every time you change the oil is a good time to clean them out and inspect everything. The crap that builds up in there corrodes stuff and can be a fire hazard. The pans on a 450C Case are not that heavy, but you can use a floor jack to install/remove them if you want. Throw down some heavy 6x6 or 8x8 cribbing and drive the dozer up on it for more room to work underneath. Hopefully the bolts aren't seized too bad, I always reinstall them with a little anti-seize.
Removing the oil through the dipstick tube can be done, but it is a poor option compared to removing the drain plug and getting any crap off the bottom of the oil pan. IMHO of course. I never did it, and I ran a service truck for a very large construction company for 7 years.