How yall are? Been a while since I posted, but I need some more expert knowledge and experience. We sell/deliver etc, grass sod. We have one 2000 International 4700, with Allison auto trans, 25500 gwvr. We carry 5-6 pallets of grass on it, and a truck mounted forklift hangs on the back of it. The truck is performing pretty well. We're thinking of buying a slightly bigger truck for more capacity, and to provide another truck, or at least, a backup in case of a breakdown. My mechanic told me that the 2002-03 International trucks are the "new" body style but don't have the EGR motor like the 2004 and newer ones do... says these are less expensive to maintain. Sound true?? Looking at a 4300. (aprox 33000 gwvr) Also... one of the trucks I'm interested in has another auto-tranny. Anyone experienced problems with these? Other thoughts? Thanks!! EDIT: Very few hills, and no mountains in south Louisiana. Truck has 5.57 gear ratio... that seem good for local/city, and a little highway driving?
No replies yet.