Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2003 Jcb js 160 excavator

Kio Dixon ยท 2023-05-23 11:34

Greetings ... I need a diagnosis of this problem i am having. Sometimes when i turn the ignition on i have all 18 monitor lights on and on the side fascia as well with a constant alarming sound and this wount go out even after the machine has started. I dont know if this is link to a single issue or it can be cause from multiple sources. Any assistance would be good?

Replies15
  1. #1uffex2023-05-25 05:34

    Good day Have you considered using blade hydraulics. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2uffex2023-05-25 14:38

    Good day Sorry, replied to the wrong post. Kind regards Uffex

  3. #3Kio Dixon2023-05-25 15:00

    Ok no problem, but do you have any insights on the issue?

  4. #4uffex2023-05-25 15:02

    Good day Kio I will check the archives and get back to you. Kind regards Uffex

  5. #5uffex2023-05-25 15:18

    Good day Is the attached display the same as your machine? KR Uffex

  6. #6Kio Dixon2023-05-25 19:14

    Yes it is and when ignition is turned on all lights are on also the display screen is showing everything on screen. With the warning alarm also the side panel, all lights are illuminated as well. Engine starts well but the lights on the monitor remains the same with the alarm

  7. #7Kio Dixon2023-05-25 19:21

    This is what's happening

  8. #8uffex2023-05-26 03:48

    Good day Kio The issue with the display appears to be common in the UK, in fact a couple of guys are making a business to repair the device. I need to research a little more before making any suggestions. Kind regards Uffex

  9. #9Kio Dixon2023-05-26 04:02

    Good day Uffex Please do get some info for me. Does these guys have online handles or social media presence. If yes, could you provide contact?

  10. #10uffex2023-05-26 04:40

    Good day This is one of the contacts I have no idea how good or bad the service, I have not made enough research. DK Electronics | Specialists in the Supply, Repair and Servicing of Agricultural Electronics Kind regards Uffex

  11. #11uffex2023-05-26 14:55

    Good day I noted the face book request see attached. Kind regards Uffex

  12. #12Kio Dixon2023-05-26 15:52

    Good day .... thank you is this the wiring diagram for the js 160?

  13. #13Willis Hodgkinson2023-05-26 15:58

    I have had the same fault recently on my 2006 JCB JZ140 all the lights illuminated and the engine shut its self down. I cleaned all the earths, the main one from the battery to frame + there is an earth connection in the battery compartment for the wiring loom this is on a small bolt beneath the battery isolator solenoid (at least thats what I think it is). this solenoid is situated underneath the rectangular steel cover above and to the right of the batteries. I also found two fuses inside the cover cable tied to the frame, one of mine had been hot of corroded and when I touched it the wire fell off, so I repaired it. I also found the fuses for the ECU were corroded (white deposits on the blades) so I removed them cleaned the fuse recepticals, vaselined them and fitted 4 new fuses, this cured my problem. the fuses are located behind the seat under the storage bin( I removed the bin to gain better access) hope this helps

  14. #14uffex2023-05-27 03:49

    Hi Kio Looks as though you have the answers and yes that is the JCB 160 diagarm Good luck Uffex

  15. #15Kio Dixon2023-05-27 08:21

    Thank you .... i will try and get this issue resolved in the comming days . Your assistance was much appreciated.