Hey guys and gals thanks for any help you can give me. My track tensioner is leaking out of the zerk fitting end I've seen lots of videos on fixing the other end but can find nothing for this end. I'm hoping it's just the valve needing replaced, but the greese is not coming out by the valve threads it is coming out the threads for the nut that hold its all together. As seen in the pictures. Any help will be so much appreciated!
Welcome to HEF Nate . That long rod (#1 in the screenshot) must be cracked to have grease leaking by the threads at the nut. https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/65123/referrer/navigation/pgId/35289 . Special tooling is required to SAFELY release the extreme spring tension when disassembling the adjuster. Im sure there are a few aftermarket options available if you end up looking for the complete assembly. .
Well after a day's work and feeling dumb I figured it out. The valve was leaking by and letting greese throught the plug hole causing it to look like it was coming out the threads. Very easy fix just wish I didn't pull the track adjuster out to figure it out.
You figured it out and saved some big cash….take the win !